Cascina Adelaide di Amabile Drocco
2004 Barolo DOCG Cannubi
Awards and Recognition
- "From a sleek, high-tech winery nestled under the town of Barolo and a few hundred yards from the Cannubi cru, this is a full, modern wine with wide appeal. Its opulence and richness are irresistible and so are the lingering notes of black fruit and cured meat. It has big, tart tannins and fresh acidity and needs more time. Drink after 2012."
- ~ Wine Enthusiast, April 2009
- "Displays fabulous aromas of ripe plum, strawberry and freshly picked rose. Full-bodied, with velvety tannins and a long aftertaste of fresh fruit, light vanilla and cream."
- ~ Wine Spectator, June 2008
- RECOMMENDED. "Smoky and marked by woody spice this none-the-less has strong fresh nebbiolo fruit with herbal, arugula and anise notes rising above the iron rich soil and asphalt tones on the nose. Elegant and refined in the mouth with solid structure lending a bit of chewiness to the dark, dense fruit that recalls plums and dates. There is an intriguing dusty dry earthy, oily element to the palate that makes this a bit big barrel tasting, but there is good structural tension in the mouth. The bracing tannins come to the fore on the finish with crisp acids cleansing the mouth. This will really need some time for the big tannins to mellow. 2012-2024"
- ~ Gregory Dal Piaz, Snooth Talk
- RECOMMENDED. "Good black cherry fruit and soft tannins."
- ~ Decanter Magazine, January 209
- "This is one of the more earthy Barolo's you are likely to find from the important Cannubi vineyard, one of the regions most famous scraps of land. Aromas of dried herbs and leather, with a hint of cigar box, dominate. The underlying fruit is black cherry, and there are hints of spice as a back note. With good viscosity and palate weight, and firm but sweet tannins, this vintage of Cascin Adelaide Cannubi can be consumed young."
- ~ Robert Whitley, WineReviewOnline.com, October 2008
- "The 2004 Barolo Cannubi is a sleek, stylish offering bursting with smoke, dark cherries, flowers, licorice and French oak. The wine reveals gorgeous length and a long, refined finish. The fruit retains a nice degree of freshness, and this plump, fruit-driven Barolo should continue to drink nicely for another decade or so."
- ~ Wine Advocate, April 2009
- Gold Medal
- ~ L.A. International Wine and Spirits Competition, 2009
Alternate Vintage Years
- Barolo Preda
- Barolo DOCG Fossati
- Barolo 4 Vigne
- Dolcetto di Diano d'Alba DOC
- Barbera d'Alba DOC 'Le Mie Donne'
- Barbera d'Alba DOC Superiore 'Vigna Preda'
- Barbera d'Alba DOC Superiore 'Amabilin'
- Langhe Nebbiolo DOC
- Langhe Bianco "Le Pernice"
- Barolo DOCG Cannubi
- Barolo DOCG